Friday, January 5, 2018

Introduction

1) 
My interest in aviation began while I was growing up. My parents would take me to museums and air shows.  I never knew how to become a pilot, so i never really searched for any flight schools or intro lessons. Then in 9th grade someone I knew began his career at EMU Aviation. Our parents were good friends and they told them how to start. I went on my discovery flight in 2011 and that is when I finally knew i wanted to become a pilot.


2) 
I am currently a senior studying Aviation Flight Technology. I am working on my Commercial multi add-on. I will be graduating in April.

3) 
My current career goals are skewed. I know I would like to work for Envoy or PSA airlines and flow through to American Airlines.  To get to the ATP minimums there a lot to do other than flight instruct. As my idea to get to the airlines changes almost every other week my plan right now is to finish multi and CFI. Then I would like to CFI out of state to build up some hours to the Part 135 SIC minimums. Then stay there till I reach the ATP minimums. That will more than likely changemore than once during this class.

4) 
I would like to see people who have a variety of work experience flying. Not just CFI to airlines. Also the FAA last semester, brought up reducing the ATP minimums. I would like to discuss this some more. I would also like to discuss what the airlines believe are good hours. Because some people say single-engine turbine time looks bad on a resume for the airlines but CFIs with just single piston time get hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment